This past week at the Open, Mercedes-Benz introduced a new high-tech golf cart. And while it may be excessive, it does look pretty awesome.
Mercedes teamed up with golf cart design company, Garia, to create the new standard for luxury in golf. The cart may only be for people who have a tremendous amount of disposable income, but that doesn’t mean we can’t dream.
Here are a few things to know about this new golf cart:
- It has a 10.1-inch tablet, which displays the cart’s speed and power consumption, along with a course map, scorecard, and a few other apps.
- The tablet also allows you to toggle between sport and economy mode, which is a standard Mercedes Benz feature.
- Within the interface of the tablet’s screen, you can also turn the headlights on and off, and control the wipers and the AC (yes, an air conditioner!).
- The cart also features Hi-Fi Bluetooth speakers, but unless the course is empty, you probably won’t be using those too much.
- Plans in the future call for wireless integration with smartphones, but for now it does include a charge port for your phone.
- There are plenty of holders for your tees, golf balls, cups, and a bin for your trash.
- There’s a fridge located beneath the seat so you no longer have to worry about warm beverages.
- The Benz touches include aluminium rims, leather seats, and a real glass windshield.
- The cart’s carbon fiber body keeps the weight down to 970 pounds.
- The reduced weight allows the cart to travel up to 19 mph and up to 50 miles per charge of its lithium-ion battery.
Right now, there are only two which have been manufactured, in order to gauge public interest, so it could be a some time before these get into the marketplace, but Mercedes and Garia have clearly set the bar high for the future of golf carts.
Check out the video below to learn more.