Rahm joins Team TaylorMade after ending his amateur career as the #1 player in the World Amateur Golf Ranking, perhaps the most notable accomplishment for an amateur player. He was also a member of Team Europe at the 2015 Palmer Cup and was the winner of the 2015 Mark H. McCormack Medal. During his senior season at Arizona State University, he won four times, including the Pac-12 Championship and the NCAA Albuquerque Regional.
In totality, Rahm’s 11 career college victories at ASU rank second in program history.
Rahm (@littleJRmaza) made his debut on the PGA TOUR at the OHL Classic at Mayakoba where he finished T10 against a notably strong field. Since then, he has played in three other PGA TOUR events, finishing as high as 5th (’15 WMO).
As the 2016 Jack Nicklaus Award winner, he beat the Nicklaus Award winners from other collegiate divisions to earn the right to play in the PGA TOUR’s 2016 Barbasol Championship, which will be his fifth career start on Tour.The long-hitting 21-year-old sensation recently made college golf history when he became first two-time winner of the Ben Hogan Award, awarded to the top player in college golf.
A few of Rahm’s most notable accomplishments at the collegiate/amateur level include:
- 2015 & 2016 Ben Hogan Award winner
- 2016 Jack Nicklaus Award winner
- 2015 Mark McCormack Medal winner
- Low Amateur at ‘16 U.S. Open (T23)
- Back-to-Back Winner of Spanish Amateur
- 4 PGA TOUR starts (including two top-10 finishes)
- First-Team All-Pac-12 honors ’13-’14 & 14-‘15
Having played in the U.S. Open as an amateur, Rahm will officially make his professional debut this week at the Quicken Loans National at Congressional Country Club in Bethesda, MD. In addition to wearing adidas Golf apparel and footwear on Tour, a look at his current WITB*:
- M2 Driver / 10.5* / Aldila Tour Green 75X
- M1 Fairway / 15* / Aldila Tour Green 75X
- M1 Rescue / 19* / Graphite Design DI 8X
- TP MB (’14) Irons / 4-PW / Project X 6.5
- TP Wedges / 52*, 56* & 60 / Project X 6.5
- Tour Preferred X Golf Ball