The Savannah, GA – Hilton Head Island, SC area is already known as a golf haven, but now its profile has increased even further.
Web.com Tour officials have announced that the Savannah Golf Championship will debut next spring.
- A 5-year deal has been agreed upon that will bring the tournament to Deer Creek Golf Course at The Landings Club.
- The course is a 1991 Tom Fazio design. Fazio also headed renovation efforts in 2009.
- The Landings Club is a private golf community with six golf courses, including Deer Creek, and is conveniently located 20 minutes from historic downtown Savannah.
- An annual PGA Tour event, the RBC Heritage, is played every April at Harbour Town Golf Links on nearby Hilton Head Island.
- This year’s RBC winner was Wesley Bryan, who finished #1 on last year’s Web.Com Tour money list.
- The event will be played March 26 – April 1, 2018 with a field of 156 players. The purse has been set at $550,000.
“We are excited to bring the Web.com Tour to Savannah because we believe in this market. This is a vibrant city that has a strong passion and history with the game of golf, and we look forward to working with the community and local businesses to grow this tournament on and off the course.”
–Dan Glod, Web.com Tour president