TNT’s coverage of the 98th PGA Championship at Baltusrol Golf Club in Springfield, N.J. will feature the top golfers in the world vying for the final major of the 2016 PGA Tour season.
The network’s telecast starts on Thursday, July 28, at 1 pm, just in time for the star-studded threesome of Jordan Spieth, Sergio Garcia and Bubba Watson, who tee off at 1:25pm.
Following this highly anticipated group will be the three major winners from this year – Dustin Johnson (U.S. Open), Henrik Stenson (Open Championship) and Danny Willett (Masters) – who go off at 1:45 p.m.
TNT’s Golf Team includes:
Commentators: Ernie Johnson and and Brian Anderson
Analysts: Ian Baker-Finch and Billy Kratzert
On-Course: Mike Weir
Interviews: Amanda Balionis
Some things to know about TNT and its broadcasters.
- Ernie Johnson is best known for his NBA coverage where he’s won an Emmy.
- Brian Anderson has beeen covering the NBA and MLB recently, but worked at The Golf Channel from 2003-06.
- Amanda Balionis , formerly of PGATour.com, is the current host of the Callaway Golf Minute.
- Former Masters winner Mike Weir is looking to transition into TV, with his career winding down.
- Billy Kratzert is a 4-time winner on the PGA Tour, with his last win coming in 1984 at the Pensacola Open.
- Ian Baker-Finch is long time TV analyst, but is best known for winning the 1991 British Open.
- This marks the 26th consecutive year of Turner Sports‘ coverage of the PGA Championship.
- TNT’s 18th straight year televising the event.
- TNT will televise 18 hours of exclusive live action
- TV hours will be: 1-7pm on Thursday and Friday, 11am-2pm on Saturday and Sunday.
- PGA.com is managed by Turner Sports, and will offer extensive online coverage including live streaming.
- Coverage will extend to the PGA’s social channels on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.