On Sunday at TPC Sawgrass, Si Woo Kim became the youngest player to ever win the PGA Tour’s flagship event, the PLAYERS Championship.
At 21 years, 10 months, and 16 days, Kim is nearly two years shy of the previous ‘youngest ever,’ Adam Scott – who was 23 years, 8 months, 12 days when he won in 2008.
Here are 8 other factoids that may (or may not) interest you about the young South Korean star.
- Fab Four: With the win, Kim became the fourth-youngest player to win twice on the PGA Tour:
1996 Tiger Woods 20 years, 9 months, 6 days
2001 Sergio Garcia 21 years, 5 months, 15 days
2015 Jordan Spieth 21 years, 7 months, 16 days
2017 Si Woo Kim 21 years, 10 months, 16 days
- Fab Four Part II: Kim’s fantasy foursome would be Tiger Woods, K.J. Choi and Adam Scott.
- Youngest Ever: Kim remains the youngest player to graduate from PGA Tour Q-School. He finished T20 at the 2012 PGA Tour Qualifying Tournament at 17 years-old.
- Biggest Thrill: (See above.) Earning his PGA Tour card for the 2013 season.
- Father Knows Best: Kim’s father is the only teacher he’s ever had.
- Big Soccer Fan: If not for golf, Kim says he’d be a soccer player. His favorite pro team is Manchester United, and favorite athlete is Christiano Ronaldo.
- Golf & Travel: Kim’s favorite course he’s played is Torrey Pines GC in La Jolla, California, while his favorite vacation spot is Hawaii.
- Intro Song: First-tee introduction song would be “Gangnam Style.”